top of page
We are fully reliant on the generosity of those who believe in the work we are doing. Without their support we could not fulfill our mission. As we continue to strengthen the Cemetery's presence in the Southport community, donations are needed to:
* Help with Repairs resulting from recent hurricane.
* Publication of narrative and pictorial history.
* Upgrading and installing markers.
* Design and implement a landscaping plan.
* Complete the installation of an attractive perimeter fence.
As a result of storm damage - $3000.00 for removal of fallen trees and $715.00 to replace damaged fence. An additional $4,000 is sought to complete fencing around the full perimeter of the Cemetery for security and aesthetic purposes.
Contributions are needed to fund:
· Publication of narrative and pictorial history
· Ground radar penetration to locate unmarked graves
· Upgrading and installing markers
· Design and implement a landscaping plan
· Install an attractive perimeter fence.
Tax exempt donations to aid in the restoration and preservation of John N. Smith Cemetery
North Carolina Non-profit and 501©(3) organization can be mailed to :
The John N Smith Restoration and Preservation, Inc.
Post Office Box 11241
Southport, North Carolina 28461
Our Current List of Donors:
AARP - North Carolina
Downtown Southport, Inc.
Southport Historical Society
In Kind Donations
Dennis Stokley - Web Designer
Law Firm of Ryan Johnson
Owen Gidlow- Surveyor
Gift Basket Raffle raises over $1500.00
bottom of page